Saturday, August 16, 2008

Are you Pro or Anti-Crombie?

In recent times Abercrombie & Fitch has become so popular in Dublin that it is giving a lot of people a headache. Many of the people who wear the brand attach so much more significance to it than is deserved. After all, the clothes are not exactly inspiring. Don't get me wrong I love the track pants they make because they are ideal for sports but that's where it ends, in my opinion.

Another thing that's been bugging me is why on Earth is Abercrombie slowly evolving into a soft core adult entertainment company. At this stage their adds are about 90% flesh 8% background and 2% clothes! I'm no marketing expert but that strikes me as rather odd when its clothes they are supposed to be selling.

I'm not being prudish and I'm not even really complaining just wondering why it so heavy on the sex sells bandwagon? As recent reports show, Abercrombie's profits are dipping maybe it will get a little chilly for the models during our god forsaken credit crunch and they'll finally have to put on the clothes their paid to wear!

1 comment:

molly said...

i never thought i would marry a guy that wears abercrombie ... and guess what ... i married an irish guy who only wears abercrombie horizontal stripes!

not necessarily mu first choice since i am pretty much a fashion freak! but he is my hubbby and he is cute!

i always though it was big in ireland??